top of page
Time & Location
Apr 19, 4:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Washington, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
About the event
The Global Cooling Network hosts an annual Earth Day celebration. You can participate in our annual fundraiser or participate individually. Innovate is proud to be a “green” company. Not only have we supported environmental missions with organizations such as the EPA and Department of Interior, but by working remotely, Innovate employees produce fewer gas emissions, use less fossil fuel, and reduce carbon dioxide emissions and air pollution.
Suggestions for celebrating Earth Day:
- Learn about foodprints and how to reduce yours.
- Sign up for an Individual Cleanup, take a 15-minute walk, and pick up any litter you find.
- Go through an Earth Day Advocacy Packet, created by students and for students, to go through the process of implementing change in your family’s community. There are packets on creating pollinator-friendly gardens, composting, and more!
- Join the Earth Day Global Earth Challenge, the world’s largest coordinated citizen science campaign, and help gather data on bees, air quality, plastics, and food security that contributes to scientific research, all from your phone.
- Go meatless for a meal and try tofu or another plant-based substitute.
- Got vegetable scraps? Try making vegetable stock from the tops and skins of onions, celery, carrots, garlic, potatoes, and other vegetables. (Pro tip: you can freeze stock for up to 3 months).
- If you have some space in the yard, start composting.
- Depending on your location, you can switch electricity to source from renewable energy sources.
- Cut back on unnecessary plastic with reusable straws, grocery bags, water bottles, coffee cups, cutlery, etc.
- Spend an hour without electronics.
- Work on an eco-friendly craft.
- Start a garden.
- Check with your local recycling agency to see what can be recycled and how you can start.
- Plant a tree, flowers or donate to an organization that plants trees.
- Fix leaky faucets, opt out of junk mail, or open your windows instead of using heater/AC.
- Donate to local charities rather than throw items way.
bottom of page